Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tampa Bay Tan...you WERE my friend!

Everyone knows this snow white girl can't tan for a darn thing! Seriously...I have a complex. Anyways, I went home to Plant City a couple of weeks ago. A few of my friends have discovered the most amazing spray tan...ever....my Mom and brother are regulars and swear by this prodcut! Ha! So I went. I tanned. I fell in love. Two weeks later the newness has worn off and I have fallen out of love...lets just say I look like a leopard met a tiger and had a baby...stripes and spots...thats me. My feet look deformed at first glance...I am serious. Daniel just thinks it is the most hilarious thing...this coming from the man with Cuban blood running through his veins.

I like to think I am an expert in sunless tanning. Its been my BFF for over ten years now. I am not sure about this product anymore. My Mom and bro have had awesome success with it. But they have a pretty dark base color. So for now it looks like I will have to learn to be comfortable in my own skin...spots and all.

My remedy for banishing the spots and stripes:

Tub Soak- soak in a warm tub with Baby Oil and add a little baking soda...this will help to loosen the tan

Scrub- Exfoliate! Baby Oil will work wonders. Apply it to your skin and allow it to sit for several minutes. Then take a wash cloth soaked in Baby Oil and GENTLY scrub. If this is not effective use equal parts Baby Oil to Baking Soda to make a paste and apply directly to the skin.

For stubborn areas try using lemon juice...the citric acid is a natural exfoliant.

Back to the old faithful airbrush...works every time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment