Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In My Beauty Bag this week......



Eyeshadow on your lower lids...ever tried it?

I know what you might be thinking. Eyeshadow goes on your upper eyelid. Lets rock the make-up bag a bit and make all of our products work for us. There are two ways you could do this...eyeshadow as your eyeliner or eyeshadow over your eyeliner.

1.If you decide to use eyeshadow as your eyeliner choose a color combo that suits your coloring and use the darkest shade it has. Use a small-headed shadow brush at the base of your lower lid and swoop from the corner of your eye inward. This is such a fabulous alternative to pencil or liquid liner which can make your eyes look smaller and closed.

2. In addition to using liner, layer an eyeshadow on top for a kohl-rimmed smudged effect definitely gives you that one-two punch and its completely fool proof. "Rough" line your eyes...don't be obsessed with a perfect line...we will buff it out with a brush and shadow. With a small-headed shadow brush or a smudge applicator brush begin at the outer corner and work your way inward. The concentration of color should always be wherever you want to emphasize. In this case, starting on the outer corner and working in will help your eyes to appear larger and open even though you are lining your complete lid.

Finish with a lighter shimmer on the inner corner of your eyes to really open them up...kind of channeling Bambi with big doe eyes...that's the point ;)

My favorites....
MAC Eyeliner in "Teddy"
Physicians Formula Baked Wet/Dry Shadow

I go for the coffee version of the smoky eye...its a little more on the natural side.

Happy Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. YAY for new makeup tips! I definitely need to update myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post made me feel like I actually do know what I'm doing with my face ; ) I have been a big, BIG fan of eyeshadow as liner lately. Mostly because I've gotten lazy but, partly because it's fun, easy and can be colorful for summer! Loved this post, as usual : ) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I am a new follower of your blog:) I actually know your husband and discovered your blog a few weeks ago. Your blog is so fun!! I tried the eyeshadow as a liner thing and I love it! Cant wait to read more make up and beauty tips!!

    ReplyDelete