Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Time....thank you LORD!

Its spring. Thats all I can say. The two sweetest words I have ever heard from the weather dude's mouth. I am certainly a huge fan of all the spring fashions and have a deep love for flowy dresses, cardigans, and adorable flats. Its also a great time to get rid of your old make-up and products and start fresh. There is nothing like swooping on a fresh new wand of mascara ;) and cleaning those make-up brushes you've used alllll winter....ooops!

In my make-up bag this week....

Glides on. Looks great in pictures (I actually used it for MJ's wedding), and for all of you sensitive skin gals (thats me) it is oil free! Yay!! Apply it with a sponge or a foundation brush for more coverage. Avoid using your fingers to apply foundation please ;) Set it with CoverGirl Mineral Veil...which has been my go to product the last few weeks. Love these...they are soooo budget friendly!!

Product Image CoverGirl True Blends Micro Mineral Foundation - Finishing Veil

To clean make-up brushes...which by the way should be done a couple of times a week not every season...I'm preaching to the choir on this one. I figure if I only use them on myself whats the harm?? They're my germs. Wrong! The oil and make-up build up can cause breakouts and effect the way your make-up glides on the skin.

To clean your make-up brushes....

Use warm water and a mild anti-bacterial soap. Cup your hand under the running water and swirl your brush into the water and soap mixture. Repeat until the run-off is clear. Rinse and air-dry. A decent set of make-up brushes should last you if you take proper care of them.

Happy Spring!




1 comment:

  1. great advice Kate! ; ) I use the photo ready powder and lovvve it! I've been planning on trying the foundation. I really really like my revlon color stay with softflex...It lasts all day long w/ the acception of a few touch-ups of powder. <3

    ReplyDelete